During one of our NLQ weekend meetings, we were challenged to write out our purpose statement and for us to really put thought into what we felt God had put us here on this temporary earth for....so I thought I would share mine...
1. I want to live my life where I have a love for ALL people, no matter what they bring to the table with them...love with no strings attached.
2. I want to build relationships with older and younger women and disciple those coming behind me to love Jesus and pursue Him with all that they have.
3. I want to live by the Spirit and produce fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
4. I want to be more 'in the world and not of it' in order to build relationships with non-believers which, God-willing, may lead to salvation.
5. I want to be disciplined in my relationship with the Lord, grow in my love for the Word, and fall deeper in love with Jesus...and in all of this, always remember that this world is not the goal - it is only momentary.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." -2 corinthians 4:16-18
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." -ephesians 5:1-2
Have you ever gave any detailed thought into what your purpose is and examples from the Word to back it up?...
Lay Aside the Weight of Insincerity
14 hours ago